Friday, June 10, 2011

Blackbird Fly

Recently I can into possession on a toy camera called the "Blackbird Fly". The camera is an experimental model of camera that takes full frame exposures that burn an image into the tracks on the edges of the film. This first roll of film was me playing around and figuring out how exactly to use it and what sort of ways I can apply it to the images that I am searching for.

This time around I used regular Kodak film and even though the main reason this particular camera caught my eye requires slide film messing around with it was still fun. It has little quirks like being able to expose a film multiple times without winding it to the next frame and also the ability to interchange the exposure frame on the inside allowing for different size shots.

Regardless of the result, I like some of the shots that I got from this first roll and I know that the next one will be even better.


Apollo not digging a hole...
Zach Madson cruising under Sante Fe.


The Crack Shack.


Zach sitting on his board peering down at something shiny.
Accidental double exposure that sparked ideas.

No comments: