Thursday, April 19, 2012

Silver & Light



This photographer is inspiring.  He is out doing something that I don't think I could ever do which is invest everything in one project and hope for the best.  He is putting his soul out on a line and creating something amazing which is what I would love to do. 

I do share his frustration.  I think a lot of what is stopping me from going out and doing something amazing is that I don't know exactly what I want to do.  All I know is that "what" I want to do is going to tell a story.  I get frustrated with photography all the time.  Photos not turning out because of simple mistakes or complex mistakes.  Usually when these things happen I fall back to my basics and shoot 35mm film on a Pentax K1000 for a while and find my groove again.

Tomorrow I'm going to go out and shoot.  The next day I'm going to go out and shoot.  Hopefully I can find my rhythm again and continue to pursue this idea that there is something greater waiting for me to discover it and squeeze it for everything I hope its worth.

No comments: