Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ice Climbing with Matt Lloyd in Clear Creek Canyon.

Last Sunday Matt Lloyd and myself braved the treacherous Colorado winter roads and headed out to Clear Creek Canyon. The night before it had snowed a good six or more inches and made being in the canyon feel amazing. Everything was dusted white and though it was cold it made for a beautiful day. Today I was shooting with my trusty D80 while occasionally snapping a few with my Pentax K1000. I have also begun to bring with me my new Mountain Smith Tour FX bag for all of my camera stuff. It has a both a shoulder strap and a super hefty waist strap which made using it while hanging from a rope and approaching the wall very easy to handle. I think my favorite feature about the bag itself is that the lid opens away from you to make it easy to get into while on the move. Though alas, I have no photos of the bag itself so the photos it helped me to provide will have to suffice.











Now as far as ice climbing goes I want to do this. It seems to be my speed. You can take your time and be more methodical about your movements and placements which is very appealing to me and compliments how I like to boulder. Though I have to find all my own gear for it I believe that it is worth it to try something new and adventurous.

No comments: