Saturday, January 29, 2011

Fifty People One Question- Ithaca, New York.

Discovery, one in a million, one in nearly 7 billion. There are so many people on this planet, and a question asked by a student film maker in Ithaca, New York is brought to the forefront of my mind and I recognize it as an absolute in thought provoking question. "If you could have the answer to any one thing what would it be?" This question was presented to 50 different people on the streets and the answers provided in return were amazing, all of them. I was not disappointed in a single answer anyone gave because each answer was honest. So what is it? The one answer for you. If you could know the answer to one thing, no boundries, no limits just one thing what would it be?
For me I know that I don't want to know anything about my future. I don't want to know how I end up, where I end up going, who I meet, and who I love. I want to find discover for myself fear, love, hope, sadness, anger. I hope that my life continues to surprise me, keep me guessing, and keep me happy. So when asked the question I think the one thing I really want to know is...(Why do so many people stress life so hard that they literally lose sight of the beautiful things life has to offer. If I am stressing over tests and homework and money and time I forget about it. Enjoy the sun and the blue sky, enjoy coffee in the morning, enjoy my dog waking me up in the morning, enjoy a new book.
I really liked this video by Jackson Eagan and I hope that everyone who sees this will enjoy it as well. Cheers.


Fifty People One Question - Ithaca from Jackson Eagan on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Jackson Eagan said...

Hi Daniel,

Thanks a lot for posting this video. You had some really nice things to say about the video, and I think you captured the essence of what Fifty People One Question is all about.

I loved your outlook on life and your idea of appreciating the small things and not stressing out too much--I think that's a really important thing to remember.

Cheers,
Jackson